APEX Counselor (Brunswick, GA)
Primary Location Glynn County
Shift : Mon-Fri 8-5p
Advertised Salary: Sal based on ed/exp/license
Status: Full-Time / Hourly
Performs psychosocial assessments and screening, treatment planning/monitoring and discharge planning. Provides counseling/therapy to clients requiring complex intervention. Provides case management, crisis intervention and non-direct services where feasible and appropriate.
- Acts as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve crisis.
- Counsels clients in individual, family and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
- Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan. Reports progress to school faculty and treatment team.
- Refers client or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education (Case Management).
- Organizes support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client. Provide psychoeducational training to informal and formal support systems.
- Completes comprehensive assessments, individual recovery plans, pursues orders for services and assesses changes in level of care as needed.
- Identify environmental impediments to client of patient progress through interviews and collateral contact and review of patient records.
- Provides case management services related to identified treatment needs.
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas.
- Regularly involve school administrators and faculty in treatment interventions and information related to individual served as directed by current Release of Information.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Designs behavioral or therapeutic interventions for intractable or difficult to manage clients.
- Staff to determine the necessity for involuntary commitment in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice.
- Determine compliance of ECR while in session with consumer and update as needed to bring into compliance including, but not limited to assessments, authorizations, order and treatment plans.
- All Supervisor Trainees at a Master’s Level must have associate licensure within 12 months of graduation from accredited program. Full licensure muse be accomplished within 3 years of attaining associate license.
- At least 45 days’ notice is to be given for extended leave as to not be held accountable to unnecessary rescheduling of consumer appointments. Appointments rescheduled for unexpected leave will be schedule for the 24-72 hour period upon return from leave.
- Performs work according to all rules, regulations, policies and guidelines of the agency. Follows all protocols within the school system as determine in collaboration with the school system.
- Attends seminars, conferences and job related trainings.
- Follows agency policy and departmental protocol regarding work schedule, calling in when arriving late or when absent, break and lunch periods and observing provisions of Fair Labor Standards Act. Understands with the nature of the program, work schedules may be more flexible than traditional, due to population served.
- Presents a neat and clean appearance. Wears clothing suitable to job and environment based on clientele served.
- Observes agency policies on health, safety, security and sanitation; notifies supervisor of circumstances or situations that present health hazards.
- Does not use or knowingly permit others to use agency property for personal business.
- Treatment plans and orders for services must be signed on the same day as admission or change
Required Qualifications: Fully licensed as a LCSW; LPC; or LMFT
**GATEWAY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES IS A TOBACCO FREE AGENCY**TB testing and a fingerprint based background check of the Georgia and Federal Criminal History Record Database will be required upon appointment.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT A CONTRACT. THE STATUS OF POSITIONS MAY BE CHANGED AT ANY TIME.