Position: Substance Abuse Specialist - Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salaried
Location: Brunswick, GA
Assesses client needs; provides substance abuse education; individual, group and family substance abuse counseling; referring clients to community resources; and case management.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job knowledge and skills.
- Completes assessments of consumer’s substance abuse history and current status as part of comprehensive assessment and on an ongoing basis
- Assists in coordinating individual treatment planning including aftercare and recovery support services for each consumer actively involved in alcohol and drug treatment
- Participates in engaging and motivating consumers to achieve treatment goals especially and specifically those related to substance abuse issues
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in becoming involved with self-help support groups
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in developing and maintaining social support networks
- Assesses consumer’s need for inpatient substance abuse treatment and, when appropriate, coordinates access to these services
- Collaborates closely with any inpatient substance abuse treatment providers
- Ensures that each consumer referred by the ACT team for alcohol and other drug treatment is referred to an individual or program licensed or certified to provide alcohol and other drug treatment
- Provide training to other ACT team members on the signs, symptoms and early identification of alcohol and other drug use and abuse, and the disease of alcoholism and drug dependency
- Provides on-call crisis interventions.
- Maintains client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines
- Maintains agency required productivity standards
Addiction Certification (CAC-I) and two years of experience include crisis management / intensive case management.