Location : Kingsland, GA
Status : Hourly
Schedule : Mondays & Wednesdays (8:00am to 6:00pm)
This position will be hired through our staffing agency, HealthCare Staffing (HCS).
Under general supervision, provides professional nursing services in accordance with medical protocols. Assesses the consumer's condition, develops care plans, provides treatment and education. Records pertinent observations and responses to treatment. May supervise subordinate staff.
- Performs comprehensive assessment of consumer's health care needs based on data collected through history, observation, basic physical and/or psychosocial examination, and analysis of diagnostic data. (Performed by all incumbents)
- Develops individualized and comprehensive plans of care consistent with assessment, physicians'/clinicians' treatment plans, consumers' level of need and functional ability.
- Has knowledge of and recognizes signs and symptoms of diagnoses specific to above-noted population(s) and establishes a nursing plan of care, as applicable, designed to specifically address the individual needs of the consumer.
- Performs direct consumer care activities by administering medications, observing and recording consumer responses and medication side effect(s); makes rounds and administers interventions/treatments.
- Ability to manage aggressive behavior utilizing agency-approved techniques and in accordance with seclusion/restraint and therapeutic holding/time out policies and procedures.
- Provides crisis management services applicable to the above population(s) and age group(s).
- Performs various administrative, clerical and documentation activities to support unit activities.
- Provides health education instruction to consumers on various health issues (e.g., treatments, self-care, etc.). Provides in-service training for staff.
- Communicates, as necessary, with other medical and departmental personnel to coordinate efforts, resolve operational problems and improve quality of consumer care.
- Supervises subordinate health care staff in the daily operations of the service area.
- Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation.
- Adheres to security rules and regulations of the facility.
- Provides surveillance and maintenance of infection control program.
- Participates in required in-service training and departmental meetings.
- Provides an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all consumers.
- Provides supportive counseling to individuals, groups or families to assist in identifying problem areas and provide direction towards effecting positive change. (Performed by some incumbents)
- Provides crisis management in a variety of community environments for above-identified population(s).
- Leads educational, pre-vocational, recreational or other consumer groups.
- Maintains required licenses and certifications.
___ Professional Licensure
___ Driver’s License
___ First Aid
___ Defensive Driving
Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelors degree in Nursing as well as a current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse (RN).