Position: LEAD CARE MANAGER
Status: Full Time / Hourly
Program: Savannah Counseling Services
Location: Savannah, GA
Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 8am to 6pm and Friday 8am to 12pm
Provides on-going supportive and/or case management functions to consumers having long-term mental illness in accordance with the problems, needs, and strategies identified within the service plan in order to help the clients achieve the stated goals and objectives. Participates in regular interdisciplinary staff meetings with the interdisciplinary team to best help consumer, including Behavioral Health Specialists, Staff Psychiatrist, Registered Nurses, quality assurance specialists, paraprofessionals…
This job description lists the Knowledge, Skills and Ability requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job knowledge and skills.
· Working knowledge of the nature of serious mental illness; behavior modification techniques and related treatment modalities, interventions and techniques; of different types of assessments and their uses in treatment planning.
· Consumers’ rights; agency and federal policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Local community resources and service delivery systems such as housing, social, welfare, educational, etc.
· Client record documentation requirements; and of client services plan development and implementation.
· Crisis intervention techniques,.
· Individual and group therapy techniques; family dynamic and family support groups
· Observe, record and report on an individual’s functioning;
· Read and understand assessments, evaluations, observation, and use in developing treatment plan.
· Identify community resources and services for clients and coordinate provision of services; to establish effective working relationships with internal agency staff as well as with relevant community organizations;
· Effectively interact and communicate with consumers and their families in diverse populations.
· Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to maintain confidentiality, and to work independently under general supervision.
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal and “Listening” skills.
· Establish and prioritize goals and objectives of assigned program.
· Facilitate relationships between Gateway, consumer families/legal guardians and various social service community resources, such as housing assistance, healthcare, job training and placement and substance abuse support groups.
· Assist consumers with successfully acquiring all income, entitlement benefits and health insurance for which the individual is eligible.
· Meet the minimum direct time requirements of individual billed hours per year.
· Enroll no fewer the 5 % individuals into case management services each month until reaching capacity.
· Minimum of 2 face to face visits must be delivered on a monthly basis.
o Additional contacts may be either face to face or telephone collateral contact, depending on the individuals support needs.
Documentation and Compliance
· Records services accurately that relate directly to the treatment outcomes, within approved timeframes. Completes required clinical documentation according to agency standards.
· Maintain all documentation in accordance with applicable policies, laws and instructions.
· Ensure that all services provided are within the guidelines and document care in compliance with agency requirements and standards.
· Ensure that all notes will be in Care Logic and signed no later than the allotted time the day after the service was provided.
· Maintain a minimum chart audit score of 70% or better for all consumers on case-load.
· Ensure all weekly reports have been addressed and cleaned up (if necessary) within hours specified by supervisor.
· Collaborate with behavioral health providers, hospitals, emergency rooms, jails and shelters through regular meetings in order to engage and transition consumers throughout systems of inpatient and or community care.
- Plans and organizes the Care Manager unit’s work to meet the organization’s objectives. Directs and reviews work assignments. (Performed by all incumbents)
- Assigns and prioritizes work in keeping with employee skill levels, workloads and completion time frames.
- Monitors progress and productivity of assigned staff.
- Communicates organization’s goals and objectives to staff.
- Establishes unit goals and objectives consistent with the organization’s mission.
- Assists staff in resolving problems encountered in work assignments.
- Evaluates unit policies, procedures, and processes, and recommends/implements changes to ensure assigned unit is functioning efficiently.
- Prepares through and accurate reports, reviews as necessary and submits by established deadlines
- Completes performance appraisals on all direct reports
Training and Experience Guidelines:
Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field and from an accredited program and a minimum of 1 year as a Case Manager. Must have demonstrated leadership skills and be highly organized and possess strong verbal and written skills.