Position: APEX Counselor (Licensed Clinician)
Primary Location: McIntosh County
Shift : Mon-Fri 8-5p
Salary: Salary based on education/experience/license
Status: Full-Time / Salaried
The APEX Program provides school based mental health services to children and adolescents through collaboration between Gateway Community Service Board and McIntosh County Schools. The program is sustainability focused and funded through a grant awarded by the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) in order to:
· Provide for early detection of children and adolescent mental health needs.
· Provide greater access to mental health services for children and youth.
· Sustain increased coordination between Georgia’s Community Service Boards and the local schools and school districts in which they reside.
An APEX Counselor’s duties include:
· Performs psychosocial assessments and screening, treatment planning/monitoring and discharge planning.
· Provides counseling/therapy to clients requiring complex intervention.
· Provides case management, crisis intervention and non-direct services where feasible and appropriate.
· Acts as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve crisis.
· Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan. Reports progress to school faculty and treatment team.
· Organizes support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client. Provide psychoeducational training to informal and formal support systems.
· Determine compliance of ECR while in session with consumer and update as needed to bring into compliance including, but not limited to assessments, authorizations, order and treatment plans. Staff to determine the necessity for involuntary commitment in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice.
· Regularly involve school administrators and faculty in treatment interventions and information related to individual served as directed by current Release of Information.
· Performs work according to all rules, regulations, policies and guidelines of the agency. Follows all protocols within the school system as determine in collaboration with the school system.
· Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
· Attends seminars, conferences and job related trainings.
All Supervisor Trainees at a Master’s Level must have associate licensure within 12 months of graduation from accredited program. Full licensure must be accomplished within 3 years of attaining associate license.
Follows agency policy and departmental protocol regarding work schedule, calling in when arriving late or when absent, break and lunch periods and observing provisions of Fair Labor Standards Act. Understands with the nature of the program, work schedules may be more flexible than traditional, due to population served.
Required Qualifications : Associate or Fully licensed as a LCSW; LPC; or LMFT
**GATEWAY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES IS A TOBACCO FREE AGENCY**
TB testing and a fingerprint based background check of the Georgia and Federal Criminal History Record Database will be required upon appointment.