Position: Registered Nurse – (Charge Nurse)
Program: Lakeside CSU
Location: Bloomingdale, GA
Status: Full Time/Hourly (Monday – Friday 7am to 3pm)
Job Summary: Under general supervision, guides and encourages each supervised employee to attain maximum performance on the job. Provides ongoing feedback. Performs treatment and provides care to consumers per MD orders and accepted Nursing Standard of Practice guidelines. May function as a lead worker for other staff.
•Analyzes data from screening procedure to determine appropriate treatment services.
•Performs Nursing Assessments.
•Uses appropriate interview techniques to obtain pertinent health / substance abuse history.
•Performs head to toe physical exam and visual assessment of body.
•Documents pertinent information in record accurately and timely.
•Administers medications / vaccines accurately and safely within agency guidelines.
•Performs treatments and provides preventative maintenance care to consumers per MD orders and accepted Nursing Standard of Practice guidelines
•Based on MD / RN input and information, determines appropriate level of care for CSP.
•Performs appropriate lab studies per venipuncture.
•Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in consumer's conditions in timely manner.
•Communicates and treats consumers with respect, dignity and tact.
•Educates consumers regarding disease process, diagnoses, medications and other aspects of care and treatment.
•Consistently and accurately transcribes and implements physician's orders and documents all consumer information.
•Maintains accurate tracking / logs including but not limited to Non-Admit Log, Referral Log, TB, Physical, Report Board, Roster
•Maintains accurate, detailed reports and client records.
•Makes appropriate referral to available resources for consumers not admitted.
•Maintains safety and security on unit at all times.
•Reports any consumer abnormalities or changes in status in timely manner.
•Maintains accurate and timely documentation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university and Current Georgia License as a Registered Professional Nurse
· Psychiatric nursing experience with at least a year of demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience preferred
· Experience working with adolescents 9 to 17 years of age
· RN with current state license
· A valid Georgia driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a criminal background and pre-employment drug screen is required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated proficiency in nursing knowledge and skills.
· Ability to implement facility policies related to the provision of care and services provided to residents.
· Assists in creating, maintaining, and managing a safe therapeutic milieu.
· Ability to work well with others in a team setting
· Must possess good problem solving skills
· Ability to exercise critical thinking and excellent nursing judgment
· Must possess good oral and written communication skills
Because we value our employees we offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. Come join our team and experience a sense of fulfillment as we truly change the lives of others.
**GATEWAY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES IS A TOBACCO FREE AGENCY**
TB testing and a fingerprint based background check of the Georgia and Federal Criminal History Record Database will be required upon appointment.