Program: Women's Residential
Location: Brunswick, GA
Shift/Hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Status: Full-Time / Hourly
Therapeutic Child Care (TCC) exists to promote an environment where women in recovery can learn to interact in a nurturing, constructive and healthy manner with their children, relearning or gaining new healthy parenting skills. Within the safe haven of TCC women in recovery can work to become more empowered to encourage their children to grow in a positive, healthy way
Primary Job Duties:
- Responsible for assisting the TCC Coordinator in implementing, monitoring, and charting all information required by the Department of Human Resources (DHR) manual for the childcare program.
- Responsible for implementing the TCC curriculum on a daily basis and follow set schedule.
- The TCC Lead Teacher will assist in documenting measurable outcomes for each child and for the program as a whole. The outcomes will reflect the requirements of the Department of Human Resources.
- Will advise TCC Coordinator when there is need for necessary medical and primary pediatric care, including the immunization of children.
- Addresses therapeutic interventions for children in custody of mothers in treatment.
- Must work with TCC Coordinator to provide therapeutic activities for children after school, weekends, holidays at a minimum of 4 times a day.
- Helps to develop educational interventions for children who are in need of intervention.
- Participates in family support and Family Dynamics to promote nurturing parenting within families.
- Conducts or assists with assessments
- Facilitates or assists with the facilitation of groups for parents or children
- Assists TCC Coordinator with any task when asked or given
- Minimum of 18 months of child care experience and providing direct care without degree
- Associates degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or vocational institute
- Preferred Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Preferred experience in a setting with formative education protocols for children with troubled background
- Candidates must also possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License
Because we value our employees we offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. Come join our team and experience a sense of fulfillment as we truly change the lives of others.
**GATEWAY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES IS A TOBACCO FREE AGENCY**
TB testing and a fingerprint based background check of the Georgia and Federal Criminal History Record Database will be required upon appointment.