Position: Contract Clinician - LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LAPC, LAMFT, LMFT
Program: Liberty Outpatient
Location: Hinesville, GA
Status: Part time/ Contract / Hourly (29 hours or less weekly)
The Behavioral Health Counselor performs Psycho-social assessments, treatment planning/monitoring and discharge planning. Provides Counseling/Therapy to clients requiring complex intervention. May perform commitment determinations and/or execute orders of involuntary commitments.
Essential functions of the position :
- · Provides services to individuals, groups and families requiring complex professional intervention using a variety of psycho-therapeutic techniques.
- · Conducts advance level psycho-social assessments/evaluations.
- · Conducts periodic reassessments to determine continued eligibility and/or appropriateness for services.
- · Establishes linkage and coordination of services with community resources. Develops and maintains a cooperative working relationship with community service providers
- · Records services accurately that relate directly to the treatment outcomes, within approved time-frames.
- Completes required clinical documentation according to agency standards.
Core Competencies :
- · Knowledge of best practices in Outpatient services, federal policies/procedures and guidelines.
- · Georgia State Composite Board Code of Ethics.
- · Diagnostic impressions or criteria.
- · Knowledge of how client advocacy system operates, Crisis intervention techniques, Individual and Group therapy techniques.
- · Knowledge of various therapeutic models, intervention as directly related to area of assignment.
- · Various types of medication and their effects.
- · Treatment approaches relevant to your specific field.
- · Family dynamics. Family support groups and Confidentiality policies.
- · Behavior modification techniques, Psychological tests and evaluations
Required Qualifications :
• Georgia Licensed (Associate or Fully) - LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LAPC, LAMFT, LMFT
•Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, sociology, education, nursing, vocational rehabilitation, or a related field *or* bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, education, nursing, vocational rehabilitation, or a related field and two (2) years of full-time (or equivalent part-time) work experience in social services delivery (case management, outreach, prevention/education, etc.).
•Must be experienced in providing therapy to adults with severe persistent mental illness. Experience in counseling individuals with schizophrenia, bi-polar, and other personality disorders.
Gateway Community Service Board is fully accredited by CARF.