Location: Bloomingdale, GA
Shift: 12H Rotations (7a - 7p & 7p -7a)
Status: Non-exempt / Full-Time/Part-Time
Job Description: Provides a broad range of paraprofessional social services and nursing duties to consumers and their families. Under the clinical supervision of RN, provides patient care. Conducts consumer intakes, participates in treatment team planning. Assists in dealing with personal and social problems. May perform case management duties. Assist with admissions/discharge or transfer process of client in accordance with policies of facility and unit guidelines/expectations.
* Administers medications accurately and safely within agency guidelines
* Performs treatments and provides preventative maintenance care to consumers per MD orders and accepted Nursing Standard of Practice guidelines.
* Performs nursing assessments
* Consistently and accurately transcribes and implements physician's orders and documents all consumer information.
* Educates consumers regarding disease process, diagnoses, medications and other aspects of care and treatment.
* Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in consumer's conditions, as well as well as pertinent information in record, in timely manner.
* Communicates and treats consumers with respect and dignity.
Required Education & Experience:
* Current LPN license without restrictions and 6 months of LPN experience.
Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time at a computer. Employee frequently uses fine hand/eye coordination, hearing and visual acuity. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant condition caused by noise, dust, etc. Employee must be able to travel between Gateway sites. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.