POSITION: Full-Time Nurse Manager
DEPT: Glynn Behavioral Health Crisis Center (BHCC)
LOCATION: Brunswick, GA
STATUS: Full-Time / Exempt / Salaried
Under limited supervision, develops and manages a program of nursing and other clinical services in a twenty-four hour a day, seven day a week, operation of social services program. Provides overall management and administrative guidance to specifically assigned program (s). Assesses educational and programmatic needs, develop policies and collaborates with other health care providers in the provision of services to target populations. Supervises professional and support personnel to ensure provision of effective, efficient and safe nursing care.
Essential functions of the position:
- Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation.
- Assesses and evaluates staffing patterns for proper utilization of personnel in relation to patient/client needs in assigned program, and prepares appropriate work schedules.
- Supervises clinical staff and/or participates, in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating delivery of care to ensure the provision of effective, efficient and safe nursing care.
- Develops and implements program policies/procedures. Participates in development of departmental policies/procedures. Participates in development of operating and personnel services budgets.
- Participates in developing and presenting in-service educational programs and patient/consumer education programs. Supports the educational development of nursing and other students.
- Communicates, as necessary, with other departmental personnel to coordinate efforts, resolve operational problems and improve quality of patient/consumer care
- Coordinates quality management activities for program.
- Assures communications, which facilitate effective nursing care
- Adheres to security rules of the facility.
- Provides supportive counseling to consumers/patients, groups or families to assist in identifying problems areas and provide direction towards effecting positive change.
- Completes consumer/patient psychosocial assessments based on interviews with patient/client, family, significant others and community agencies providing services.
- Maintains client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines
- Maintains agency required productivity standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Georgia RN License
- Experience in the area of mental health and/or addictive disease service delivery required; in a crisis setting is preferred
- Supervisory/management experience required
- Understanding of formulation and distribution of reports, communications, and directives
- Familiarization with formulation of policy and procedure and performance guidelines
Gateway Behavioral Health Services is fully accredited by CARF. The Nurse Manager position comes with a competitive compensation package of salary, medical benefits, 401(a) retirement benefits, and paid time off.
Gateway Behavioral Health Services is an equal opportunity employer.