Program: Savannah Youth Clubhouse
Location: Savannah, GA
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am to 6pm; Saturday hours will vary (Flexible)
Under general supervision, evaluates and counsels referred consumers with substance abuse histories. Documents all services rendered. May serve as case coordinator. May supervise professional and/or paraprofessional social services staff.Assesses client needs; provides substance abuse education; individual, group and family substance abuse counseling; referring clients to community resources; and case management.
Essential functions of the position:
- Completes assessments of consumer’s substance abuse history and current status as part of comprehensive assessment and on an ongoing basis
- Assists in coordinating individual treatment planning including aftercare and recovery support services for each consumer actively involved in alcohol and drug treatment.
- Participates in engaging and motivating consumers to achieve treatment goals especially and specifically those related to substance abuse issues
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in becoming involved with self-help support groups
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in developing and maintaining social support networks
- Assesses consumer’s need for inpatient substance abuse treatment and, when appropriate, coordinates access to these services
- Collaborates closely with any inpatient substance abuse treatment providers
- Maintains client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines
- Maintains agency required productivity standards
*Completion of a Bachelors degree in counseling, behavioral sciences, or social services (e.g., psychology or social work) and certification as a certified addiction counselor (CAC) from the Georgia Addiction Counselors’ Association (GACA).
* CAC I, CACII or CADCCertification
Gateway Behavioral Health Services is fully accredited by CARF. The Subtance Abuse Conselor position comes with a competitive compensation package of salary, medical benefits, 401(a) retirement benefits, and paid time off.