Position: CLINICIAN/THERAPIST (Licensed or Associate Licensed)
Dept: Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
Location: Brunswick, GA
Status: Full-Time / Exempt / Salaried
The Behavioral Health Counselor performs Psycho-social assessments, treatment planning/monitoring and discharge planning. Provides Counseling/Therapy to clients requiring complex intervention. May perform commitment determinations and/or execute orders of involuntary commitments.
Essential functions of the position :
· Provides services to individuals, groups and families requiring complex professional intervention using a variety of psycho-therapeutic techniques
· Conducts advance level psycho-social assessments/evaluations.
· Conducts periodic reassessments to determine continued eligibility and/or appropriateness for services
· Establishes linkage and coordination of services with community resources.
· Develops and maintains a cooperative working relationship with community service providers
· Records services accurately that relate directly to the treatment outcomes, within approved time-frames.
· Completes required clinical documentation according to agency standards.
· Knowledge of best practices in Outpatient services, federal policies/procedures and guidelines.
· Georgia State Composite Board Code of Ethics.
· Diagnostic impressions or criteria.
· Knowledge of how client advocacy system operates, Crisis intervention techniques, Individual and Group therapy techniques.
· Knowledge of various therapeutic models, intervention as directly related to area of assignment.
· Various types of medication and their effects.
· Treatment approaches relevant to your specific field.
· Family dynamics. Family support groups and Confidentiality policies.
· Behavior modification techniques, Psychological tests and evaluations
• Georgia Licensed (Associate or Fully) - LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LAPC, or license eligible
•Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, sociology, education, nursing, vocational rehabilitation, or a related field
Gateway Community Service Board is fully accredited by CARF.