Program: Camden OP
Location: Kingsland, GA
Certifications Required: CACI or CACII or must be working toward CAC or CACII certification
- Under general supervision, evaluates and counsels referred consumers with substance abuse histories.
- Documents all services rendered.
- May serve as case coordinator.
- May supervise professional and/or paraprofessional social services staff.
- Assesses client needs; provides substance abuse education; individual, group and family substance abuse counseling; referring clients to community resources; and case management.
- Completes assessments of consumer’s substance abuse history and current status as part of comprehensive assessment and on an ongoing basis.
- Assists in coordinating individual treatment planning including aftercare and recovery support services for each consumer actively involved in alcohol and drug treatment.
- Participates in engaging and motivating consumers to achieve treatment goals especially and specifically those related to substance abuse issues
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in becoming involved with self-help support groups
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in developing and maintaining social support networks
- Assesses consumer’s need for inpatient substance abuse treatment and, when appropriate, coordinates access to these services
- Collaborates closely with any inpatient substance abuse treatment providers
- Maintains client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines
- Maintains agency required productivity standards
Minimum Requirements: Completion of a Bachelors degree in counseling, behavioral sciences, or social services (e.g., psychology or social work)
* Certified Addiction Counselor (CACI) from the Georgia Addiction Counselors’ Association (GACA); or CADC
* Prefer experience in the substance abuse field, working experience in dealing with co-occurring disorders.
* Self starter, able to complete task in timely manner; strong communication skills to educate, motivate and support consumers with substance abuse disorders, psycho-education group experiences.
*Case management sends reports to DFCS and probation Facilitates group sessions up to 5 days weekly.
Gateway Behavioral Health Services is fully accredited by CARF.