Program: Chatham Adult BH Crisis Center (BHCC)
Location: Savannah, GA
Status: Full-Time / Exempt (Salaried)
Job Summary: Manages and directs the clinical activities and daily operations of a comprehensive behavioral health program. Oversees the program’s policies regarding participant involvement, requirements and staff expectations. Supervise, plan and evaluate work activities of assigned staff.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Behavioral Health Operations /Management
- Responsible for supervision, management and day to day operations of Behavioral Health Services.
- Directs all programs and ensures services are timely, customer-oriented and evidence-based.
- Establishes program goals, strategies and priorities.
- Strives for outcomes and organization efficiency.
- Facilitates communication within the unit(s)/agency on a specific case level as well as on a procedure/policy level.
- Oversees the program planning, budget development and evaluation activities.
- Attends Team meetings
Quality and Compliance
- Monitors services for compliance and quality assurance
- Evaluates, facilitates and monitors documents in Electronic Medical Records
- Ensures behavioral health services are in full compliance with applicable accreditation/statutory/contract requirements.
- Participates in and supports internal quality and compliance audits and associated corrective actions necessary to bring programs in compliance.
- Works in partnership with QI Director to promptly address any external audit findings requiring corrective action.
- Communicates and trains supervisors and staff regarding changes in policies and procedures pertaining to quality and compliance.
- Makes recommendations for policy/procedure development and/or revision and advocates for changes as appropriate. Ensures uniform interpretation of program policy and procedures.
- Conducts research required in planning and evaluating the program.
- Provide programmatic guidance to staff.
- Supervises staff, monitoring and coaching productivity measures.
- Manages staff and directs administrative activities for a social services delivery program.
- Conducts staff performance evaluations and ensures all job descriptions and evaluations are competency-based.
- Builds and encourages a cooperative team-oriented environment within unit(s) Directs and reviews work assignments.
- Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges social services employees.
- Works with HR to follow best practices for workers’ compensation, and safety.
- Ensures staff participation in safety training, health and wellness programs.
- Assists HR as needed in resolving employee grievances/disputes.
- Collaborates with HR and SMT efforts to attract, hire and retain diverse talented employees within the BH workforce.
- Utilizes data and management reports with direct reports to set targets and evaluate quality, effectiveness, efficiency, financial performance and/or compliance, including use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Balance Scorecard.
- Utilizes national benchmark data, when available to establish organizational performance data.
- Recommends, creates, evaluates and participates in staff development
- Trains, motivates and promotes skills development among behavioral health program staff.
- Ensures training and supervision is embedded in Unison’s onboarding process for new BH staff.
- Participates in and contributes to quarterly Leadership Training.
- Communicates in a manner that is clear, concise and facilitates the organizations goals, both orally and written
- Responds to internal and external customers by returning phone calls and emails promptly.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with other agencies, assures coordination of services, and increases public awareness and support.
- Conducts outreach to increase public awareness and support for specialized program area.
Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Required Education & Experience:Completion of a Master’s degree in a related field and four years’ experience managing professional level staff. Must possess current Georgia Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Professional Counselor license(LPC).
Required experience in leadership; management; organizational skills; clinical oversight; collaborative experience with other program managers/leaders.