Department: Liberty Peer Program
Location: Hinesville, GA
Status: Full-Time / Hourly (Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm)
Job Summary: Under general supervision, provides peer support services. May serve as a patient/client/consumer advocate. Provides consumer information and peer support in consumers in emergencies, outpatient or inpatient settings. Performs a wide range of tasks to assist consumers in regaining control over their own recovery processes. Function as a role model of competency in recovery and ongoing coping skills. Supervises Peer Specialists and CPSs within their program.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides peer support services to assigned patient/client/consumers.
- Serves as an advocate for consumers within the facility and the community.
- Participates in treatment team activities.
- Leads recovery dialogues/self-help sessions with consumers.
- Participates in monitoring of consumer support services and programs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading books, journals and the like.
- Provide transportation for consumers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the clinical/service needs of all population(s).
- Demonstrates knowledge of and skill in the provision of age-specific care.
Required Education & Experience: Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of experience in advocacy or advisory or governance of people who are recipients of treatment (including mental health/substance abuse treatment or diagnosis).