Job Title: Social Service Technician
Program: Savannah BHCC
Location: Savannah, GA
Status: Full Time / Part Time / PRN/ Hourly / Non-exempt
Schedule: Night/Day Shift
Job Summary: Assists with daily living activities in a residential facility. Provides training of basic personal and social skills, simple academics, or work skills to consumers in a group home or residence.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to insure that the persons served through our programs receives services that address their individual needs.
- Meets applicable productivity requirements in terms of direct service time: (Manager: Quote the actual productivity required).
- Instructs and advises clients on daily living and work skills in one-on-one or group instruction.
- Observes and monitors client behavior.
- Counsels and advises clients on behavioral problems, daily decision-making, and the resolution of minor problems.
- Assists with the development of an individual service/treatment plan for each assigned consumer.
- Participates in case reviews, consulting with the team to evaluate the client's needs and plan for continuing services. Counsels and advises clients on behavioral problems, daily decision-making, and the resolution of minor problems.
- Operates vehicle to transport clients on routes, to program and home each day.
Required Education & Experience: One year experience providing social or direct care services to groups of special needs individuals in a human services setting OR Associate degree in a related field OR One year experience at the lower level or position equivalent.