Program: Youth Clubhouse
Location: Savannah, GA
Status: Full-Time/ Exempt / Hourly
Schedule: Monday - Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm; Saturdays hours vary
Job Summary: Under general supervision, Provides on-going supportive and/or case management functions to consumers having long-term mental illness in accordance with the problems, needs, and strategies identified within the service plan in order to help the clients achieve the stated goals and objectives. Participates in regular interdisciplinary staff meetings with the interdisciplinary team to best help consumer, including Behavioral Health Specialists, Staff Psychiatrist, Registered Nurses, quality assurance specialists, paraprofessionals. Care Manager will be responsible for coordinating tangible needs for youth, completing home visits, conflict resolution, linkage to services, information and referrals. Will work as part of a treatment team and is responsible for assisting in planning activities for youth.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Documentation and Compliance
· Records services accurately that relate directly to the treatment outcomes, within approved timeframes. Completes required clinical documentation according to agency standards.
· Maintain all documentation in accordance with applicable policies, laws and instructions.
· Ensure that all services provided are within the guidelines and document care in compliance with agency requirements and standards.
· Ensure that all notes will be in Care Logic and signed no later than the allotted time the day after the service was provided.
· Maintain a minimum chart audit score of 70% or better for all consumers on case-load.
· Ensure all weekly reports have been addressed and cleaned up (if necessary) within hours specified by supervisor.
· Collaborate with behavioral health providers, hospitals, emergency rooms, jails and shelters through regular meetings in order to engage and transition consumers throughout systems of inpatient and or community care.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
· Working knowledge of the nature of serious mental illness; behavior modification techniques and related treatment modalities, interventions and techniques; of different types of assessments and their uses in treatment planning.
· Knowledge of consumers’ rights; agency and federal policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Knowledge of local community resources and service delivery systems such as housing, social, welfare, educational, etc.
· Knowledge of client record documentation requirements; and of client services plan development and implementation.
· Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques,
· Knowledge of individual and group therapy techniques; family dynamic and family support groups
· Ability to observe, record and report on an individual’s functioning;
· Ability to read and understand assessments, evaluations, observation, and use in developing treatment plan.
· Ability to identify community resources and services for clients and coordinate provision of services; to establish effective working relationships with internal agency staff as well as with relevant community organizations;
· Ability to effectively interact and communicate with consumers and their families in diverse populations.
· Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to maintain confidentiality, and to work independently under general supervision.
· Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and “Listening” skills.
· Ability to establish and prioritize goals and objectives of assigned program.
· Ability to facilitate relationships between Gateway, consumer families/legal guardians and various social service community resources, such as housing assistance, healthcare, job training and placement and substance abuse support groups.
Quality/Quantity of Work
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in a Helping Field (Sociology, Psychology, Criminal Justice) and a minimum of 2 years related experience. Must possess a valid GA Driver’s license.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some minor travel between Gateway sites is required. Care Manager will be working with youth.
Gateway BHS promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.
Gateway Community Service Board is fully accredited by CARF.