Location Savannah, GA
Under immediate to general supervision, provides peer support services. May serve as a patient/client/consumer advocate. Provides consumer information and peer support in consumers in emergencies, outpatient or inpatient settings. Performs a wide range of tasks to assist consumers in regaining control over their own recovery processes. Function as a role model of competency in recovery and ongoing coping skills.
1. Provides peer support services to assigned patient/client/consumers.
2. Serves as an advocate for consumers within the facility and the community.
3. Participates in treatment team activities. 3. Leads recovery dialogues/self-help sessions with consumers.
4. Participates in monitoring of consumer support services and programs.
5. Maintains a working knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading books, journals and the like.
6. Provide transportation for consumers.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of the clinical/service needs of all population(s).
8. Demonstrates knowledge of and skill in the provision of age-specific care.
Qualifications and Competencies:
1. GED or High school diploma, or higher (Bachelor's preferred)
2. one (1) year of experience in advocacy or advisory or governance and one (1) continuous year as a current or former recipient of treatment (including mental health/substance abuse treatment or diagnosis) and eligibility for certification as Peer Specialist by the Georgia Department of Human Resources.
3. An understanding of the concepts of mental illness, and substance abuse.
4. Skilled in assisting and maintaining consumers in their family homes and/or community,
5. Ability to effectively relate to consumers, parents/custodians of all social, economic, ethnic and educational backgrounds, with firmness, fairness and concern,
6. Solid decision-making ability as related to the safety and well-being of clients, families, community and staff
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?