Location Savannah, GA - Savannah BHCC
Job Summary: Under general supervision, guides and encourages each supervised employee to attain maximum performance on the job. Provides ongoing feedback. Performs treatment and provides care to consumers per MD orders and accepted Nursing Standard of Practice guidelines. May function as a lead worker for other staff.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to identify and report any adverse side effects of medication to physician.
- Ability to identify patient limitations.
- Ability to operate lifting devices safely.
- Ability to identify bedsores and the onset of bedsores.
- Ability to recognize if a patient needs to be changed.
- Ability to chart client’s behavior.
- Ability to recognize significant changes in patient’s behavior.
- Ability to perform CPR.
- Ability to take patient vital signs.
- Ability to assess client’s needs.
- Ability to collect bodily fluids.
- Ability to answer patient questions.
- Ability to troubleshoot signal if necessary.
- Ability to provide simple nursing care, personal care and hygiene.
- Ability to explain procedures to patients.
- Ability to assist medical doctors with patients if patients are non-compliant.
- Ability to feed patient if needed.
- Ability to perform established treatment and programmatic activities.
- Ability to check equipment to ensure it is working properly.
- Ability to lead activities.
- Ability to document patient’s behavior accurately.
- Knowledge of code protocols.
- Knowledge of body mechanics (lifting, standing, turning, etc)
- Knowledge of safety procedures for moving patients.
- Knowledge of lifting devices.
- Knowledge of the department, facility or service entity’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of feeding procedures.
- Knowledge of simple nursing care, first-aid and personal and environmental hygiene.
- Knowledge of the various types of appropriate recreational activities.
- Knowledge of various types of ambulatory devices.
- Knowledge of the concepts of mental health, health disorders and related physical conditions and treatment approaches.
- Knowledge of facility safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of care plans and diagnosis.
- Ability to contribute in a team environment.
- Possess a strong work ethic with a sense of ownership of tasks and ability to follow them through to resolution.
Required Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university or Associate’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college and Current Georgia License as a Registered Professional Nurse and any related professional work experience. A valid Georgia driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a criminal background and pre-employment drug screen is required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Some positions may have supervisory responsibilities
- Clearly establishes and communicates goals and accountabilities;
- Monitors and evaluates performance;
- Provides effective feedback and coaching;
- Identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance and gain valuable skills that will translate into strong performance in future roles.
- Develops innovative approaches to address problems and drive continuous improvement in programs and processes;
- Communicates regularly with staff on progress toward defined goals and/or required results, providing specific feedback and initiating corrective action when defined goals and/or required results are not met.
- Confers regularly with staff to review employee relations climate, specific problem areas, and actions necessary for improvement.
- Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals, obtains and considers all relevant information in evaluations, and supports staff by giving praise and constructive criticism.
- Recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
- Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work performed and proves training and development opportunities as appropriate.