Location Savannah, GA
Status: Full Time/Part-Time
Job Summary: Provides a broad range of paraprofessional social services and nursing duties to consumers and their families. Under the clinical supervision of RN, provides patient care. Conducts consumer intakes, participates in treatment team planning. Assists in dealing with personal and social problems. May perform case management duties. Assist with admissions/discharge or transfer process of client in accordance with policies of facility and unit guidelines/expectations.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers medications accurately and safely within agency guidelines
- Performs treatments and provides preventative maintenance care to consumers per MD orders and accepted Nursing Standard of Practice guidelines.
- Performs Nursing Assessments
- Consistently and accurately transcribes and implements physician's orders and documents all consumer information
- Educates consumers regarding disease process, diagnoses, medications and other aspects of care and treatment.
- Uses appropriate interview techniques to obtain pertinent health history
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in consumer's conditions in timely manner.
- Documents pertinent information in record accurately and timely.
Communicates and treats consumers with respect and dignity.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to identify medication.
- Ability to assist physician.
- Ability to transcribe medications and observe for allergies.
- Ability to identify and report any adverse side effects of medication to physician.
- Ability to document information on patient’s chart.
- Ability to convey patient’s information to physician.
- Ability to learn patients and their history.
- Ability to take vital signs.
- Ability to observe and record deviations in patient condition.
- Ability to maintain accurate medical records of treatments, medications, symptoms and patient conditions.
- Ability to provide simple nursing care, personal care and hygiene.
- Ability to work as part of the care/treatment team.
- Knowledge of assessment skills.
- Knowledge of agency specific medication administration policies.
- Knowledge of normal and abnormal values as it relates to your client.
- Knowledge of practical nursing procedures.
- Knowledge of agency safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of organization of the patient care unit and the roles and responsibilities of the various licensed and unlicensed personnel assigned to the unit.
- Knowledge of treatment plans.
- Knowledge of staff’s responsibilities.
- Creative Thinking
- Customer Service
- Analytical Thinking
- Job Knowledge
- Quality/Quantity of Work
- Stress Management
Required Education & Experience:
Current LPN license without restrictions. 6 months of experience as LPN.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None