Position: Certified Peer Specialist - Youth
Program: Youth to Adult Program
Location: Savannah, GA (Azalea Clinic)
Status: Part Time / Hourly / Non-Exempt
Job summary: Under immediate to general supervision, provides peer support services. May serve as a patient/client/individual advocate. Provides consumer information and peer support in individuals in emergencies, outpatient or inpatient settings. Performs a wide range of tasks to assist individuals in regaining control over their own recovery processes. Function as a role model of competency in recovery and ongoing coping skills.
1. Provides peer support services to assigned patient/client/ individuals.
2. Serves as an advocate for individuals within the facility and the community.
3. Participates in treatment team activities. Leads recovery dialogues/self-help sessions with individuals.
4. Participates in monitoring of individual support services and programs.
5. Maintains a working knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading books, journals and the like.
6. Provide transportation for individuals.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of the clinical/service needs of all population(s).
8. Demonstrates knowledge of and skill in the provision of age-specific care.
Qualifications and Competencies:
1. ·Be 18-26 years of age; provide a copy of this document or valid Georgia ID; High school diploma
2. Have a mental health (MH) , substance use disorder (SUD), or a co-occurring diagnosis; and a strong desire to identify themselves as a person living with a mental illness or substance use diagnosis (current or former person receiving behavioral health services);
3. Georgia Certified Peer Specialist – Youth with CPRP credential or accepted to train for the CPS-Y certification in February 2020.
4. Be able/willing to actively seek and manage their own appropriate care; and Be able to share their own personal story in a safe and appropriate way.
5. Be able to advocate for themselves;