Location: Bloomingdale, GA
Department: Lakeside C&U Crisis Unit
Status: Full-Time/Hourly/ Monday through Friday 3pm to 11pm
- Monitors the Georgia Crisis and Access Line (GCAL) Board and facilitate referrals from hospitals around the state
- Works with nursing staff throughout the referral process to ensure they have the necessary information to present to the doctor to confirm admissions
- Conducts initial portion of admission process for the children once they arrive to the facility.
- Observes and monitors participants during each shift.
- Treats each participant with respect and with a fair approach.
- Provides verbal direction to participants and/or physical demonstration.
- May advise clients on behavioral problems, daily decision-making, and the resolution of minor problems
- Instructs clients on daily living skills in one-on-one or group instruction.
- Gives simple instructions with positive reinforcements.
- Operates vehicle to transport clients to appointments, outings and community activities.
- Cares for individuals providing companionship, personal care, and help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
• Prepares and maintains records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
• Completes all required forms and documentation during each shift.
• Completes Care Logic notes on each participant within 24 hours of provided service, using person-centered approach.
• Care Logic notes reflect participant’s goals and objectives listed on current ISP, including progress toward and/or lack of progress.
• Progress notes include all areas of resident’s daily living. Any significant changes are reported to manager as soon as they occur.
• Documents any negative or unusual behaviors.
• Completes Incident Report form within 24 hours of any incident that causes harm to participant. Notifies manager of any incidents immediately after they occur. Intervenes to diffuse potentially explosive behaviors and documents in Care Logic.’
Required Education & Experience: High School diploma or GEC plus 6 months of a combination of training and experience, which would have enabled the applicant to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.