Department: Behavioral Health
Location: Brunswick, GA
Job Summary: Under limited supervision, plans, organizes, directs, controls, coordinates and evaluates the delivery of crisis services in Gateway’s BHCCs. This position will oversee the program policies regarding participant involvement, requirements, staff expectations, and compliance. The Crisis Services Director will supervise, plan and evaluate work activities of assigned staff, and act as agency’s liaison with community agencies, advocating, promoting and marketing training.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Behavioral Health Operations /Management:
- Responsible for supervision, management of all assigned Behavioral Health Programs.
- Direct program managers and ensures services are timely and are delivered with a customer-oriented and evidence-based approach.
- Work in coordination with program managers to carry out program goals and strategies to meet Gateway priorities and metrics.
- Strive for high quality clinical outcomes and organizational efficiency.
- Facilitate communication within the unit(s)/agency on a specific case level as well as on a procedure/policy level.
- Oversee the program planning, budget development and evaluation activities.
- Attend Team meetings
Quality and Compliance:
- Monitor assigned programs for compliance and quality assurance.
- Evaluate, facilitate and monitor documents in Electronic Medical Record
- Ensure behavioral health services are in full compliance with applicable accreditation/statutory/contract/ grant requirements.
- Participate in and support internal quality and compliance audits and associated corrective actions necessary to bring programs in compliance.
- Work in partnership with QM/QI Director to promptly address any external audit findings requiring corrective action.
- Communicate and train supervisors and staff regarding changes in policies and procedures pertaining to continuous quality improvement and compliance.
- Make recommendations for policy/procedure development and/or revision and advocate for changes as appropriate.
- Ensure uniform interpretation of program policy and procedures.
- Conduct literature reviews and research required in planning and evaluating the program.
Required Education & Experience: Completion of a Master’s degree in a related field and four years’ experience managing professional level staff.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for the overall operation of multiple units.
- Clearly establishes and communicates goals and accountabilities;
- Monitors and evaluates performance;
- Provides effective feedback and coaching;
- Drives effective and smooth change initiatives across the agency by communicating, confirming understanding and actively working with stakeholders to overcome resistance.
- Communicates regularly with staff on progress toward defined goals and/or required results, providing specific feedback and initiating corrective action when defined goals and/or required results are not met.
- Confers regularly with staff to review employee relations climate, specific problem areas, and actions necessary for improvement.
- Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals, obtains and considers all relevant information in evaluations, and supports staff by giving praise and constructive criticism.
- Recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
- Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work performed and proves training and development opportunities as appropriate.
Communicate in a manner that is clear and concise.
Distinguish coaching, educating, and clinical supervision and apply each as appropriate for developing staff development.
Facilitate and support the organization’s strategic plan, goals, and programs.
Utilize organization’s structured tools as appropriate to facilitate clarity.
Respond to internal and external customers by returning phone calls and emails promptly.
Build and maintain effective working relationships with other agencies, assure coordination of services, and increase public awareness and support.
Outreach support for specialized program area.
Perform job responsibilities with minimal required supervision.