Title: Director of Crisis and Intensive Services
Department: Behavioral Health
Location: Savannah, GA
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Behavioral Health Operations /Management:
- Responsible for supervision, management of all assigned Behavioral Health Programs.
- Direct program managers and ensures services are timely and are delivered with a customer-oriented and evidence-based approach.
- Work in coordination with program managers to carry out program goals and strategies to meet Gateway priorities and metrics.
- Strive for high quality clinical outcomes and organizational efficiency.
- Facilitate communication within the unit(s)/agency on a specific case level as well as on a procedure/policy level.
- Oversee the program planning, budget development and evaluation activities.Attend Team meetings
Quality and Compliance:
Monitor assigned programs for compliance and quality assurance.
- Evaluate, facilitate and monitor documents in Electronic Medical RecordEnsure behavioral health services are in full compliance with applicable accreditation/statutory/contract/ grant requirements.
- Participate in and support internal quality and compliance audits and associated corrective actions necessary to bring programs in compliance.
- Work in partnership with QM/QI Director to promptly address any external audit findings requiring corrective action.
- Communicate and train supervisors and staff regarding changes in policies and procedures pertaining to continuous quality improvement and compliance.
- Make recommendations for policy/procedure development and/or revision and advocate for changes as appropriate.
- Ensure uniform interpretation of program policy and procedures.Conduct literature reviews and research required in planning and evaluating the program.
Required Education & Experience: Completion of a Master’s degree in a related field and four years’ experience managing professional level staff.
- Responsible for the overall operation of multiple units.
- Clearly establishes and communicates goals and accountabilities;
- Monitors and evaluates performance;
- Provides effective feedback and coaching;
Drives effective and smooth change initiatives across the agency by communicating, confirming understanding and actively working with stakeholders to overcome resistance.
- Communicates regularly with staff on progress toward defined goals and/or required results, providing specific feedback and initiating corrective action when defined goals and/or required results are not met.
- Confers regularly with staff to review employee relations climate, specific problem areas, and actions necessary for improvement.
- Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals, obtains and considers all relevant information in evaluations, and supports staff by giving praise and constructive criticism. Recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
- Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work performed and proves training and development opportunities as appropriate
- Communicate in a manner that is clear and concise.
- Distinguish coaching, educating, and clinical supervision and apply each as appropriate for developing staff development.
- Facilitate and support the organization’s strategic plan, goals, and programs.
- Utilize organization’s structured tools as appropriate to facilitate clarity.
- Respond to internal and external customers by returning phone calls and emails promptly.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with other agencies, assure coordination of services, and increase public awareness and support.
- Outreach support for specialized program area.
- Perform job responsibilities with minimal required supervision.