Position: Addictive Disease Support Services
Location: Savannah, GA
Status: Flexible depending on current program needs. Program will include nights and weekends.
Job Summary: ADSS staff provides support services to individuals in the SA and SAIOP programs in Savannah, GA. Some experience in AD.
Certified Peer Specialist is a person who has progressed in their own recovery and promotes self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assists individuals with mental illness in the individual's recovery process.
- Completes assessments of consumer’s substance abuse history and current status as part of comprehensive assessment and on an ongoing basis.
- Assists in coordinating individual treatment planning including aftercare and recovery support services for each consumer actively involved in alcohol and drug treatment.
- Participates in engaging and motivating consumers to achieve treatment goals especially and specifically those related to substance abuse issues
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in becoming involved with self-help support groups
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in developing and maintaining social support networks
- Assesses consumer’s need for inpatient substance abuse treatment and, when appropriate, coordinates access to these services
- Collaborates closely with any inpatient substance abuse treatment providers
- Maintains client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines
- Maintains agency required productivity standards
Required & Education Experience:
- Bachelors in Helping Field (Sociology, Psychology, Criminal Justice)
- Certified Peer Specialist