Location: Savannah, GA
Schedule: Flexible based on staff and program needs. Program will offer nights and weekends.
Status: Open to Part-Time/Full-Time/Contract
Job Summary: Under general supervision, evaluates and counsels referred consumers with substance abuse histories. Documents all services rendered. May serve as case coordinator. May supervise professional and/or paraprofessional social services staff. Assesses client needs; provides substance abuse education; individual, group and family substance abuse counseling; referring clients to community resources; and case management.
- Completes assessments of consumer’s substance abuse history and current status as part of comprehensive assessment and on an ongoing basis
- Assists in coordinating individual treatment planning including aftercare and recovery support services for each consumer actively involved in alcohol and drug treatment
- Participates in engaging and motivating consumers to achieve treatment goals especially and specifically those related to substance abuse issues
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in becoming involved with self-help support groups
- Assists each consumer receiving drug and alcohol treatment in developing and maintaining social support networks
- Assesses consumer’s need for inpatient substance abuse treatment and, when appropriate, coordinates access to these services
- Collaborates closely with any inpatient substance abuse treatment providers
- Maintains client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines
- Maintains agency required productivity standards
- Completion of a Master’s degree in counseling, behavioral sciences, or social services (e.g., psychology or social work)
- LMSW/LCSW, LAPC/LPC, LAMFT/LMFT Or Unlicensed with Degree Supervisee/Trainee
- CACI, CACII, CADCII or MAC
Gateway BHS promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.
Gateway Community Service Board is fully accredited by CARF.