Position: Client Support Worker
Program: Forensic Apartments
Location: Savannah, GA
Status: Full-Time / Hourly 3 shift 11:30pm to 8:30am
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures that each resident is groomed daily and dressed appropriately for weather conditions.
- Observes and monitors participants during each shift.
- Treats each participant with respect and with a fair approach.
- Provides verbal direction to participants and/or physical demonstration.
- May advise clients on behavioral problems, daily decision-making, and the resolution of minor problems
- Instructs clients on daily living skills in one-on-one or group instruction.
- Gives simple instructions with positive reinforcements.
- Operates vehicle to transport clients to appointments, outings and community activities.
- Cares for individuals providing companionship, personal care, and help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
- Participates in case reviews.
- Arranges for needed medical care and provides needed services to assure that medical care is obtained.
- Documents any negative or unusual behaviors and reports same to manager.
- Performs housekeeping duties, such as cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands.
- Cleans kitchen and both bathrooms thoroughly, using provided cleaning products on each shift.
- Follows all rules and regulations set for Community Living Arrangement licensed facilities.
- Completes all safety drills and forms as scheduled.
- Reports any repairs needed or safety issues to manager.
- Completes meal preparation following menu posted at facility.
- Notifies manager prior to any menu changes.
- Follows diet restrictions for residents.
- Supervises residents 100% of mealtime.
- Plans, shops for, and prepares meals, including special diets, and assists families in planning, shopping for, and preparing nutritious meals.
- Prepares and maintains records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Completes all required forms and documentation during each shift.
- Completes Care Logic notes on each participant within 24 hours of provided service, using person-centered approach.
- Care Logic notes reflect participant’s goals and objectives listed on current ISP, including progress toward and/or lack of progress.
- Progress notes include all areas of resident’s daily living. Any significant changes are reported to manager as soon as they occur.
- Documents any negative or unusual behaviors.
- Completes Incident Report form within 24 hours of any incident that causes harm to participant. Notifies manager of any incidents immediately after they occur. Intervenes to diffuse potentially explosive behaviors and documents in Care Logic.’
- Follow agencies policies and procedures for supervision of self-administration of medication.
- Compares medication to MARS on each shift, notifying manager immediately of any discrepancies.
- Completes MARS forms with 100% accuracy. Understands the usage and side effects of each medication.
- Reports any adverse reactions to manager as soon as they occur.
- Accompanies participant to any scheduled medical appointment and provides physician with required forms. Relays information obtained at doctor visits to manager and documents in Care Logic.
Required Education & Experience: High School diploma or GEC plus 6 months of a combination of training and experience, which would have enabled the applicant to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.