Title: Care Manager
Primary Location: Bloomingdale, GA
Job Site: Lakeside CSU
Shift: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm or 8:30 to 4:30
Description: Under general supervision, Provides on-going supportive and/or case management functions to consumers having long-term mental illness in accordance with the problems, needs, and strategies identified within the service plan in order to help the clients achieve the stated goals and objectives. Participates in regular interdisciplinary staff meetings with the interdisciplinary team to best help consumer, including Behavioral Health Specialists, Staff Psychiatrist, Registered Nurses, quality assurance specialists, paraprofessionals.
- Interviews client, family members, educational institutes, and/or support system(s) to assess level of functioning, current Strengths, Needs, Abilities, and Preferences and secure information relative to program requirements for receiving services and recommending appropriate level of care.
- Participate in weekly treatment team meetings to assist in the development of treatment plans with appropriate therapeutic interventions, notifies professionals of any unusual observations or incidents, client progress, and follow up.
- Manages caseload up to 30 clients & monitors consumer progress & compliance with their service plans (treatment plans)
- Report concerns and needs of the program or clients to Team Lead. Recognize the need for crisis intervention and notifies supervisor and professional staff of escalated situations.
- Develope & Sustain community partnerships (including local high schools, colleges, educational institutes, & youth programs)
- Facilitates referrals and linkages to community services and communication among client’s service providers to assure a continuum of services.
- Provide linkage, transport clients, and assist/coach clients in accessing & obtaining community resources.
- Write precise, accurate, and clear progress notes in our electronic Care Logic system in a timely manner. Maintain required records & information in each client’s file. Prepares accurate, complete and timely documentation of ase notes and billing information to meet agency and state standards and provide effective service delivery across a broad range of services.
- Provide individual skills training as indicated in the client’s treatment plan including but not limited to independent living skills, coping skills, interview skills, symptom management skills, anger management skills, assertiveness skills, advocacy skills, hygiene skills, and many other daily living skills.
- Establishes linkage with community resources (jails, hospitals, shelters, school, DFCS, etc.) and to assist with transition, discharge planning, and/or a smooth transition to View Point Health and other services.
- Under professional guidance, provides individual and group supportive counseling to clients and families concerning their needs and problems, and issues with personal and social development.
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings, trainings, and continuing education relation as it relates to the job position
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a human services or in a related field from an accredited program and some case management experience preferred or crisis experience.
TB testing and a fingerprint based background check of the Georgia and Federal Criminal History Record Database will be required upon appointment.